Here are 25 facts about Disney you may not know! Enjoy!
1. Mickey Mouse's real name is Mortimer Mouse. Walt Disney's wife, Lillian, suggested "Mickey" because she thought Mortimer sounded "pompous" and "uptight."
2. Disney's employees used to say, "The man is in the forest," to warn other co-workers that Walt was coming and they needed to get back to work.
3. The alligator in The Princess and the Frog is named Louis, after jazz legend Louis Armstrong.
4. Mario was supposed to make a cameo appearance in Wreck it Ralph, but they animators couldn't find a good way to incorporate him into the story.
5. The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment in Fantasia (1940) was inspired by Walt himself. They even named the sorcerer Yen Sid, which is actually Disney spelled backwards.
6. The Aristocats was inspired by a true story about a partisan family of cats that inherited the family's fortune after their owners' passed away.
7. The Disney Land Castle was modeled after the castle in Sleeping Beauty, although the movie was not even released at the time of its construction, imagineers just had to go by the drawings from production.
8. 25 songs were written for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but only eight were actually used!
9. Until Frozen was released , The Lion King was the highest grossing Disney animated movie of all time.
10. Over one million bubbles were hand inked and painted in The Little Mermaid this was such a big job that it was outsourced to Pacific Rim, a studio in China.
11. In 1995, Disney opened a feature animation studio in Paris, France. The studio worked on movies such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, and Tarzan.
12. Dumbo's running length was only 64 minutes, making it the shortest Disney feature ever!
13. When the producers were making Frozen, Elsa was supposed to be a villain, inspired by Bette Midler. Can you imagine an evil Elsa?
14. Moana was released as Vaiana in The Netherlends and France because Moana is a registered trademark in The Netherlands and the name has a bad reputation in France because of an adult film actress.
15. Chip originally had one line in The Beauty and the Beast script, but they decided that Bradley Pierce's voice was so cute, they gave him some more lines!
16. In the credits of Frozen, Disney included a statement about Kristoff's belief that "All Men eat their own boogers."
17. The rug in Hercules looks an awful lot like Scar from The Lion King. Hmm?
18. Marilyn Monroe makes a cameo appearance in the stars during the song "Zero to Hero" in Hercules.
19. The number A113 can be seen in a couple of movies, because it is the number of the room at the California Institute of Arts, where a lot of the animators learned their craft.
20. The old man in The Hunchback of Notre Dame is actually Jafar from Alladin, in his old man disguise!
21. Sometimes Disney recycles animations to save time and money. You can see it in Beauty and the Beast, and Sleeping Beauty during the dancing scenes! You can also see resemblances with Maid Marion, and Snow White's movements in their respective movies.
22. The muses heads in this scene are in the same line-up as the heads from The Haunted Mansion.
23. In this scene from Tarzan, a plush stuffed animal falls from the professor's pocket and its little brother from Mulan!
24. Real make-up was used on the animated cells of Snow White's face to give her a more natural skin tone.
25. The voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers also voices Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh!
Thanks for reading and go check out my other stories!