Geeks is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
The 25th episode of the Pop Culture Guy YouTube web series, in which we list the Top Ten Favorite Moments from the Films of 2016. More honorable mentions here than in the video as well as why each is so memorable. You can find the written blogger page here.
- The final minutes of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - One of the best action sequences ever put in any recent film and Darth Vader's scene truly is terrifying and awesome.
- Quicksilver's mansion save from X-Men: Apocalypse - Better than the slow motion scene from Days of Future Past especially with the bigger environment and use of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Eurythmics.
- Ryan Reynolds's entire performance in Deadpool - The role that Reynold's was born to play in the only way the film could be released.
- Dormammu's defeat in Doctor Strange - Instead of just killing off the main villain as many superhero films do, Strange uses time manipulation to force Dormammu to relieve the same events over and over until he decides to no longer invade Earth.
- Airport fight in Captain America: Civil War - One of the finest set pieces ever put in the MCU which includes Spider-Man's introduction and the various heroes fighting each other in awesome and unique ways.
- Wonder Woman's introduction in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Even if she was forced into the movie to push her movie and didn't have much screen time, her introduction is too awesome to forget. The music that plays when we see her in the outfit and the fight sequence is what really convinces us of Gal Gadot in the role.
- Breaking Bad reference from Zootopia - An unexpected moment you probably thought would never happen in a children's animated film that is so hilarious that you can't help but laugh.
- "We Know The Way" number from Moana - A beautifully animated sequence with music so fitting and so majestically done.
- Final ghost fight in Ghostbusters 2016 - Even if the film wasn't as great as it could had been, the fight sequences are way better than in the original films.
- End of Jason Bourne - Even if it's the weakest film in the series, the ending was classic Bourne but at the same time so different than the ones before.
The Death Star's first test from Rogue One
"You're Welcome" and "I Am Moana" numbers from Moana
Shakira's song from the end of Zootopia
Mirror Dimension fight sequence in Doctor Strange
Credits gag from start of Deadpool
Meat Loaf's cameo in Sausage Party
Dory reuniting with her parents in Finding Dory
Final fight in Independence Day: Resurgence
Blake Lively's entire performance in The Shallows
The supermarket fight in Sausage Party
The battle sequences in 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Newt's suitcase reveal in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
Batman's cameo in Suicide Squad
Ryan Gosling's hallucinations in The Nice Guys
Oogway's appearances in Kung Fu Panda 3
Mark Rylance's and Ruby Barnhill's performances in The BFG
Plane water landing in Sully
Opening to Ghostbusters 2016
Josh Brolin's performance in Hail, Caesar!
Wolverine's cameo in X-Men: Apocalypse
The time travel twist in Arrival
The Enterprise's destruction in Star Trek Beyond
Batman saving Martha Kent in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
DMV sloth and Godfather scene from Zootopia